Welcome from the Village Weaver and Scottish Lion

Hello Friend Welcome to our blog! Let me introduce myself , Phyllis and I am a weaver of traditional fabrics and rugs for the home decor and my husband is a metal artist that works in iron and stone. I post what is happening in our creative world . Check back and see what we are working on or shows we may be attending in your area!

Thanks and have a Blessed Day!

You can find us on etsy . Click on the highlighted text to go to each of our shops

village weaver
or the scottish lion.

Country Folk Art Flag

Country Folk Art Flag
Wall hanging 12 x 15 created with hand cut wool strips

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Red wool Rug 6x 8

Red and Beige Wool and Cotton 6x8 rug
Beige and Red stripe rag rug
Med Windowpane Check Navy
Spring is almost here!  Look and see what I have been doing! A large 6 ft x 8 ft stripe rug in wool . That was a challenge and I did it!
The stripe rag rug was warp left over from the Red Wool rug . I love playing around with color and how they effect each other.

The last picture is of a windowpane check that is not small but not as large as my large windowpane check so I gave it the distinction of "medium" Ha , It may be "Tavern Check" in somebodies pattern book but that is just made up anyway.
Looks very nautical to me and when woven with linen thread  it has an old feeling alright!

All this is headed down to PA next week to the Historic Home Show and Designer Craftsmen.  Cheers everyone it is back to the finishing room (sewing)where I put it all together.!

No comments: