Bobbin winder rebuild

Hi Weavers ,
Those who do a lot of sectional warping you know you use your bobbin winder faithfully.
I have used it for years . I am hard on it putting all size bobbins into the winder . I save my tubes from yarns too. Do you buy Brassard cotton , well they make great bobbins when you use up the yarn .i fill my rack with them when I need to fill it .
The motor has been replaced a couple of times. I go to Grainger to get my motors . They are used in sewing machines as well as the pedal I get from Grainger.

 The one thing that has bothered me and I finally fixed .The spring underneath broke repeatedly.
Well the bobbin winder use to bounce around terrible. The noise was deafening. I used ear plugs to prevent the loud noise from hurting my ears.
Well replacing the spring fixed all that . It runs smoothly now and is pleasant now to work with .
Hope this helps you all hard working weavers .

If you need more help let me know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Time Bobbin winder

Scarf for pilots enthusiasts Hangar207