Making potholders for young or old

Keeping yourself busy or children busy can be a new challenge for some folks 
Being a Weaver I found this type of activity engaging and fun 
While being productive 
Children love new things and we have come very far from our ancestral roots where this was an everyday activity 
If you wanted socks you knitted socks 
Potholders were always woven at home by young folks to be given as gifts 
I can remember this as a summer activity 
The neighborhood girls of all ages would sit and weave potholders 
I always envied the older girls cause they knew how to make checks and plaids with the loops 
I could only make multi colored potholders 
Still that was how we all kept busy during those hot summer days 
You can only put together so many puzzles during this time at home 
Try making a potholder  
You’ll get hooked 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scarf for pilots enthusiasts Hangar207

Old Time Bobbin winder

Winter and my weaving studio