Scatter rug hand woven with hand cut new strips of fabric teal blue

Teal blue off white navy and white beige hand cut cotton fabrics 
On a natural white warp 
24 x 36 
2 feet by 3 feet
$120 plus sh


 Close up of a section of the rag rug 

More of the rag rug 
It is called a rag rug here in New England 
What it refers to in this scatter rug 
Is that there are strips of cloth cut and placed inside a warp or in between the cotton threads while under tension on a loom
My particular loom is a floor loom 60 inches wide 
I can create different width in size rugs and go for how ever long. the rug needs to be
I created this rug 2 feet wide and went 40 inches long 
When I cut the rug off the loom it shrunk like a rubber band being released from under tension 
So I lost 4 inches as the material and yarn shrunk up immediately 
I added at the ends a woven hem keeping all the fabric strips in place .
As I sit at the loom I pick out the colors as I go 
If you like this rug I have put it up as a listing on Etsy in my shop
Or you can email me at 
Phyllisleck@gmail.com
Refer to the rag rug as in this blog 
Teal blue beige cotton 
2 x 3 
Thank you 
Click the link here


T
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Time Bobbin winder

Scarf for pilots enthusiasts Hangar207