Locally sourced wool

Time to think about where your yarn comes from . Where does the wool your using to knit,spin,or weave actually come from ? My experience over the many years as a weaver has been to use what’s readily available through yarn stores and yarn suppliers .
Now 2019 with trade tariffs kicking in China a huge yarn supplier is closing its doors for a lot of companies.
Australia a leader in Merino wool has stopped many yarn companies . My favorite here in Maine is closing its doors after being in business since the 1800’s . Wow !

 So what do you think? Will we now start to produce our fiber more locally ? We will have to see. I know as a weaver I am going to be more aware and purchase my yarn more locally.

More to come
https://www.etsy.com/listing/696263427/french-tick-stripes-towels-lime-green?ref=shop_home_active_2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scarf for pilots enthusiasts Hangar207

Old Time Bobbin winder